Written by: Edward Zacharias
While Bandai showcased a number of amazing anime releases complete with their trailers, they also made plenty of announcements in terms of their manga line. A lot of the new releases are inspired by familiar anime series and that’s not a bad thing considering the Gurren Lagaan manga translated surprisingly well.
Anyway, here’s the scoop of the latest upcoming releases headed our way:
* Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion = Expect more volumes of the manga but also expect some light novels including spin-offs such as books centered on Suzaku and a few about Lelouch’s sister (a what if she wasn’t blind and possessed the Geass power).
* Gurren Lagann, Vol. 2 = Will be released this month!
* Lucky Star, Vol. 1 = On sale now!
* Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Vol. 1 = Will be released this August with another related volume featuring a side story with some familiar faces headed this October.
* The Girl Who Leapt Through Time = A manga based on one of my personal favorite anime films. There was no official release date but it will be worth the wait, we’re told.
* Eureka Seven (Omnibus) = This is the re-release of Eureka Seven the manga since it was a such a big hit and the first editions went quickly out of print. The Omnibus will feature Volumes 1-3. There’s no official release date given but it is expect to be released this summer.
* Witchblade Takero, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 = Both volume 1 and volume 2 will be released at the same time so you won’t have to wait very long for the second volume of this popular Top Cow series.
That’s about it in the manga front but we’re already salivating at getting our hands on these titles.